#14 – Week Forty-seven
May 27, 2011
Five felicific reasons to be alive this week:
- I’m at the beach! Right now! Actually, right now, I’m probably still sleeping in our room, but very soon I will be getting up and heading to the beach. We’re in Ocean City, Maryland at the invitation of my dad, who got a house for the week (ending today). I love OCMD and I never get to go now that I live in PA. It’s just too far unless you can stay overnight, and we don’t really have the budget for overnight stays at the beach. Yay for a free place to stay! (Burglers, I must insist you watch out for our two pet-sitters and we are arriving home sometime today at an undisclosed time. Beware!)
- I started a Tumblr ( I signed up for it ages ago) and finally decided how to use it. It will be All I Wanna Do in real time (aka, All I’m Doing). I’m looking forward to testing it out (in fact, I may have already by the time this is posted) and seeing how it goes. It’s my plan for keeping motivated to take photos after I’m finished the 365 project.
- In five short weeks I’ll be done with weekly happiness posting. At least I’ll be crossing it off the list. I can’t believe it’s almost been a year already. I haven’t decided if I’ll stop doing it weekly or not, but I’ll definitely be doing it from time to time in any case.
- This was such a short work week for me and I always love that. Only three days of work, took one vacation day Thursday for the beach and office is closed Friday and Monday for a five day weekend. These are rare and I treasure them!
- My annual Memorial Day BBQ with my college friends is Sunday. I look forward to it every year and this year is no different. The older we get, the busier we get and it’s harder to see one another on a weekly basis like we used to. I’m excited to see everyone and catch up!