#14 – Week Forty-six
May 20, 2011
Five foppish reasons to be alive this week:
- Our first Phillies game of the season was yesterday. While the game wasn’t so great and we got rained on, it was so nice to be back at Citizen’s Bank Park for the first time since last September. Here’s to a better season than yesterday’s game!
- I’ve crossed a bunch of things off the list recently, which after a little lull feels pretty awesome. Before the Phils game we went to the Da Vinci exhibit at the Franklin Institute, which was pretty cool, and then the Philadelphia Mint and Geno’s Steaks, both of which were on my Philadelphia list. I’ll be posting more about all of that soon.
- The kittens are doing great, very healthy and growing like weeds. Bugs is quite the cuddlebug and will whine at me from the floor until I pick him up so he can take a nap on my lap. Franklin is starting to look more like a kitten than a ball of fur and is getting more adventurous and curious by the day.
- If the weather holds out, I’m looking forward to going strawberry picking at Linvilla this weekend. I like to make homemade shortcakes for strawberry shortcakes — they are surprisingly easy and so much better than those little spongecakes you buy at the grocery store.
- And our deck is built on the new/old house! I can’t wait to see it. I’m really looking forward to summer evenings of grilling and a glass of wine out there next year. And summer mornings with coffee and a crossword. That is contentment!