#14 – Week Forty-Three
April 29, 2011
Five first-rate reasons to be alive this week:
- I got to cook dinner every night this week because the bf had a special section at work and got to work days. I love cooking a meal that we can sit down and eat together. And, I figured out a recipe for sweet potatoes that the bf will actually eat. Win!
- Major progress was made on the new old house this week — the soggy and sagging back addition was ripped down to make way for a nice new deck. And beautiful days like today will be perfect to enjoy out there next year!
- Just as I finished reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett, I saw online that not only is it being turned into a movie, but it’s done! The trailer is up and I’m excited to see the best book I’ve read in awhile on the big screen when it comes out.
- We’ll be headed out on date night tonight, and I’m really looking forward to seeing Scream 4. I know, I know, but I feel like I grew up on that series of movies and I just can’t resist going to see the latest one. I think Scream was the first movie I went to see twice in the theater, followed quickly by Titanic the following year.
- I started packing up the apartment. Most people hate it but I love packing and unpacking. It’s like crossing items off of a list, one box at a time. It’s the same weird joy I get from throwing things in the garbage or donating them to Goodwill. I can’t explain it, I just love it!