#14 – Week THIRTY!
January 28, 2011
Five flashy reasons to be alive this week:
- My blog is thirty weeks old y’all! Whee! If my blog were a baby, it would be learning new games, teething, and starting to stand up. Who’s a big blog? Who’s a big blog? You are! : )
- My bestie is coming for a visit tomorrow and we are going to do some damage at the outlets. I haven’t been outlet shopping in so long! I can’t wait to do some shopping and then do some damage to a big bottle of wine and chat late into the night.
- I couldn’t sleep this morning, which I wasn’t too happy about, but I did decide to just get up and therefore, the bathroom is now clean which I am happy about! And I did it pre-coffee, so the memory is kind of hazy which makes me feel like I didn’t really clean the bathroom at all. Bonus!
- Hanging out with our friends M&M tonight (heh, the bf hates when I call them that. “You’re so cheesy,” he says.) Very excited to show them our potential new house!
- It’s official! We are renting the bf’s grandmother’s old house with plans to buy, probably starting in the fall. We are going to test it out for a year or two, see if we like it (this is also favorable for several reasons to the bf’s family) and then hopefully it will be ours for the next 50 years or so. I have big dreams for it, which the bf keeps reminding me “are waaay in the future. We’re poor, remember?” : ) But I don’t mind, it’s so exciting! I love the character of the house, I love that it’s a family house, and I love that it’s a larger house that will probably be a bargain for us because it needs a lot of work, but that means we can stay there forever. No having to move our kids out of a starter home! (There’s nothing wrong with starter homes, I just love that we won’t have to move for space reasons, ever.) Expect a lot more home improvement posts once we get started in there. The first thing to go will be the drop ceilings in every room. If anyone has tips for me on that, they are VERY welcome!!