#14 – Week Twenty-one
November 25, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving! How appropriate that I’ve been regularly doing my reasons to be thankful on Thursdays. Five fruitful reasons to be alive this week:
- I’m grateful for my family, both my immediate family that I’ve known my whole life and the bf’s wonderful family, who have welcomed me with open arms from the very minute they found out we were dating.
- I’m grateful for the friends that I know will be there for me with no questions asked whenever I should need them, just as I would be there for them.
- I’m grateful for my health, my job, my first-world problems. That I have a roof over my head, food on my plate, clothes on my back and fat, happy little pets to cuddle with. This makes me, a not very rich person by the standards of the U.S., richer than 75% of the rest of the world. Today is the day to remember that those little things we take for granted are actually luxuries.
- I’m grateful that I was raised in a way that enables me to recognize that I’m well off and pushes me to give back when I can.
- I’m grateful for the love of my life, who is always there for me, always makes me smile and laugh, knows when to be sad with me and when to cheer me up, and is the most perfect match for me that could ever exist.
What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving?