#14 – Week Eight
August 27, 2010
This week it’s all about the little things in life:
- Started an herb container garden, which I’m really excited about. I planted basil, sage and cilantro, definitely my three favorite herbs that will get the most use. The possibility of being able to make my sage and sausage stuffing at Thanksgiving without having to go to three grocery stores to find sage is positively thrilling! Now I just hope they stay alive in my north-facing windows.
- Did some crafting and baking throughout the week, which always makes me happy. The blackberry mini-cheesecakes turned out pretty great and were soooo easy to make. And I’m loving my felt Halloween bats. I still want to make more because I think a big group of them will look spookier hanging on my balcony. I’m considering pre-connecting them all together into a mobile-like arrangement, so I only have to hang one hook to get the job done.
- I tweeted a reply to Martha Stewart’s craft blog with a picture of my bats, and they retweted it! They have about 5,000 followers. I have 21. It was a Big Deal. And since the people who run that twitter account are the people who actually create all the crafts you see in Martha Stewart Living each month, it was practically like it was from Martha herself. Awesome!!
- Very much looking forward to quality hanging out time tonight with some friends that are about to have their first baby…soon enough they won’t have a lot of time to just hang out and relax, so we’re soaking them in as much as we can now.
- Next week we will get to see two dear friends who are now living in California. They are so missed, and I’m looking forward to spending as much time with them as possible!
How did your week go? xoxo