#14 – Week Seven
August 21, 2010
- It was so great to get back in touch with college friends after five years! Why did we ever wait so long to get together?! I don’t know, but we had so much fun, I know we’ll do it again soon.
- The bf found a carnival for me! I had been looking for one all summer, and found a few but something always happened so that we couldn’t go. Well, he found this one just up the street, and now that we know it’s there we can go every year!
- Work has been busy, and while I hate feeling overwhelmed with work, it’s always a good thing to have lots to do, especially in a down economy. I complain about my job as much as the next person, but it’s important that I acknowledge that I really have a lot to be grateful for when it comes to work. I have a job, I’m (usually) respected there, I get paid, I get paid on time, and I don’t have to worry that I might lose my job at any moment. Those are a lot of plusses, not only for a down economy, but in an era where companies and employees don’t really have any loyalty to each other anymore. Times have changed in the workforce, and not for the better. I shudder to think of the big corporations who treat their employees only as worker bees and are eager to ship out the old and underpay the new. So so so thankful that that is not the position I’m in.
- I made a new dish for the bf, and he liked it! He’s a little picky, but not terrible and always good about trying new things, but I’m still nervous to put something in front of him that he’s never eaten before. This time it was chicken enchilada casserole, and he cleaned his plate. Yay!
- I’ve been plotting some special surprises for a special couple of people, and while I cannot yet reveal what they are, I can’t wait to! They are some of the kindest, funniest, sincerest, sweetest people I know, and it gives me the warm and fuzzies to be able to do something nice for them.
Happy weekend everyone!