Week 7 Update
August 19, 2010
- During Girls Weekend we tried creme de cassis. I had found in an old Martha Stewart Living that a splash of creme de cassis (or any fruit-based liquor) was delicious in champagne, which we were planning to consume a lot of. So I picked up a bottle to try. It was delicious in the champagne. On its own it’s a very sweet, very thick drink. Definitely meant to be mixed with something else! I suspect it would also be delicious with vodka as a cassis martini. (#9) (And on my search for a stock image, I just discovered that champagne and creme de cassis is called a kir royale, which I have heard of but never knew what it was. Learn something new everyday!)
- We also polished off a couple of bottles of a Bordeaux that was amazing. It went perfectly with the pasta dinner we made Saturday night. (#9)
- I completed #39. Whew! As I said last week, I’m definitely going to keep this up as much as possible, but I’m looking forward to oranges and mangoes and other imported, out-of-season fruits again.
- I FAILED on #41. Or actually, I didn’t fail, the stupid weather failed. It was too cloudy to see the perseid meteor shower on the nights I had an opportunity to see it, so that’ll have to wait for another time.
- I wore my black mary janes out for drinks with friends on Monday. These are tricky shoes, they really only look good with shorts or mini skirts because of the straps (cankle alert!). Maybe skinny jeans, I’ll find that out in the fall! (#57)
- I completed #29 (take the high road when a challenge is presented) and because I think this is part of taking the high road, that’s all I’ll say about the particular instance. This is something that honestly doesn’t present itself all that often, because I live a generally happy and conflict-free life, but I want to keep it in the back of my mind for the future. Being a mature adult makes me feel better about myself, and I think if everyone could do it more often (listen, I know it’s hard sometimes, that’s why it’s on my list!) the world would be a happier place.
- I’m going to say I’ve started #8. I’m much more aware of what I’m spending and how I’m spending. AND we totally stopped going to the diner for breakfast every weekend. That was a hard one! But it’s a loong way before I’ll feel I can check this one off.
Cheers! What have you done this week?