#14 – Week Five
August 5, 2010
I’m happy and grateful this week about/for:
- Judge Vaughn Walker ruled Prop 8 unconstitutional yesterday. This still has a long way to go, likely all the way to Supreme Court, but this is a step in the right direction. Prop 8 bummed me out, and it’s supporters bum me out even more. THIS IS ABOUT CIVIL RIGHTS. It is disgusting to me that gay couples are being denied the right to legally marry just because some people find it unsavory. DISGUSTING. If I think about it too much it brings tears to my eyes and I feel sick. Why is a woman’s love for a woman different than the bf’s love for me? Why should my marriage be protected by the law and another’s not because they are married to someone of the same gender? Why are we challenging people who love each other enough to want to get married when 50% of our man-woman marriages end in divorce? Let’s hope that this continues all the way to gay equal rights being immutable. If you can, please consider supporting the Human Rights Campaign.
- I’ve been working out again on a regular basis for several weeks now. Weight is a (heh) weighty issue for me, but it makes me happy that lately I’ve been coming down on the side of motivated instead of lazy.
- I will be meeting one of the bf’s good friends tomorrow night and I’m looking forward to it. I like meeting new people!
- I’ve really enjoyed opening up my photographer’s eye again with the 365 Project. Photography has always been a hobby of mine, as far back as high school, when I actually got my school to start offering a photography class/club (when I went to a community college to take a class and then asked my high school for credit since they didn’t offer anything in photography and that was a rule, that you could get credit for taking classes elsewhere if they didn’t have it, so what did they do? Started offering it! Bastards. Haha it made me glad though, that people wouldn’t have to pay for photography courses if they were interested). Where was I? Oh yeah, photography has always been a hobby, but when everything moved to digital I stopped taking “artsy” shots because I couldn’t get the quality with my point and shoot and I couldn’t afford a digital SLR. Now I still can’t afford an SLR, but the quality of point and shoots has come very far, so I feel like I can get a lot (not all) of the shots I want with my little guy. Someday I’ll get an SLR! Getting my inspiration going again has been slow-going, but it is going and I’m liking it.
- Both of the kitties have been extra cuddly this week, probably because we left them (almost) alone for three days this past weekend, but I love it anyway. I’m a sap for pet cuddles!